Sunday, August 07, 2005

Someone Please Take the Can Opener Away from Her

Earlier in the week Dean and I remarked that we've lived in Florida for three years this week, and therefore have had Nellie for three years. Today is actually Nellie's third anniversary with us. Remembering this after I fed the five Dumpster Kitties (and one Dumpster Possum), I came back into the apartment, blared the Beatles' "Birthday" and split a can of Bumblebee tuna between the three cats. Afterward, when the song was done and the cats were diligently feasting, Dean peered out from behind the couch to say "I think I'm scared of you." I honestly don't blame him.

4 comments:

dancingo4 said...

Have you been playing with your Crazy Cat Lady doll a little too much lately? Maybe there is a pheramone (like I know how to spell a science word?!) that is rubbing off on you the more you play with the lady?
Might want to put her out for display and leave her alone for a while....
And please - avoid the possum! You don't want to be crazy possum woman?

Scott said...

He should be scared! Keep him on his toes like me wife does to me.

Hot4Teacha said...

I concur, the Crazy Cat Lady doll must have been doing some voodoo mojo on you, Nat. Beware the possum, I think they're like raccoons - rabies much? Yikes.

Natalie said...

Thanks, everyone for making me feel like I'm just creepy! Too bad mom's on vacation. She'd back me up. Dear Old Dad, you hit the nail on the head. I actually found myself wondering, "What do opossums really eat? Is there something I could pick up that it might like better than cat food?" Luckily, Dean is macho enough to scream like a girl when he sees the opossum, so it won't be part of the family any time soon.