Since we bought the exercise bike in lieu of a gym membership for Deano, I have completely stopped going to the gym myself. Having your own bike is a luxury I never thought it could be. And as an added bonus, Dean's work ended up reimbursing us for it as part of their healthy lifestyle initiative. So here are the top five reasons why I hate the gym and am so happy we bought the bike.
5. The gym bunnies. Oh my good God I hate the skinny girls that come to the gym in full hair and makeup wearing a sports bra and short shorts.
4. I can watch CNN rather than whatever music video station the gym is showing with a non-matching radio soundtrack.
3. I can wear pajama bottoms and an old, stained, holey, hideous t-shirt for my workout if I want to.
2. I don't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn just to be sure to get a machine. Otherwise I'd have to wait until one of the dreaded gym bunnies mentioned above was done barely breaking a sweat. And then if my schedule was messed up from experiments I would just give up and not go at all. I am much more flexible about time this way.
And most of all...
1. Allison does this whenever one of us is on the bike: