Saturday, November 04, 2006

Plan B

I was up late last night looking for a new template for my blog. Exciting Friday night, huh? I was sick and tired of the old one and everyone else seems to be changing theirs, so I figured it's time. I have long wanted something either science themed or cat themed. I felt like all the templates I found weren't "me" enough. Then I found a really neat one, but it cost $50. It was a black background and the header was the face of a black cat, it's eyes really being all that stuck out. It was plain, not too distracting, not too cuddly (all the other cat ones were too cuddly), it was perfect. I thought about buying it and then I thougt, "What am I doing? I have a black cat, I'm somewhat tech-savvy, I can easily make this!"

This morning I got up and started my project. Yes, I have a black cat. But I couldn't for the life of me get her to look in the camera while I took a picture. Here are some of my utter failures:






Watching me attempt to execute my creative project for the weekend was Nellie. And she seemed to be mocking me. So she became my subject. She has a knack for looking straight at the camera when I want her picture. Thus, she is my header. I changed the background to go with her coloring a bit more.




So? Whaddya think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

Runner Girl FL said...

It's got my vote!! I knew it was Nellie's eyes as soon as I clicked on your link!!

Hot4Teacha said...

Is it just me, or are her cat eyes mocking me? Like the glass eyes on teddy bears...

Jackie said...

I LOVE IT!! Also, the background colour makes the font much easier to read then white font on black background, so good choice.

It's nice to change things up every now and then huh?

Natalie said...

Thanks, guys for the (mostly) positive feedback!

Anonymous said...

nellie was just waiting patiently for you to come to your senses and realize that she was the only choice you could have made, it's pretty cool...

Anonymous said...

I agree the font is much easier to read w/ the green background.And there is no shame in havin' a black cat...remember Licorice !

Natalie said...

auntie-
I'M not ashamed to have a black cat, my first choice was the black cat! It was apparently my black cat who was too shy to let herself be on the internet! Thanks for the compliment!